It is a strange time. We have been dealing with the coronavirus in the Netherlands for some time now and as the current reports lead us to believe, we are far from being rid of it.
This is very difficult for everyone. There are people who have lost family and/or friends to the coronavirus, but many babies are also born again.
So many changes..
These are not only difficult times, but many young parents also find it lonely. No Gender Reveal parties, no Baby Showers or maternity visits in the first week, while being pregnant or giving birth is something beautiful and should be celebrated.
In addition, the childcare is also closing, how should you do this if you have more children at home?! Working from home is also happening a lot more this year, but how do you combine this with your children sitting at home?
Dit is very difficult if you also have to teach your children. You are now not only a mother, but also a teacher.
Take good care of yourself
That is why it is very important that as a (future) mother you continue to take good care of yourself! It is very easy to get stressed during these times. We have some tips for you:
1. Make sure you take enough moments to really rest. Watch that nice Christmas movie again or go for a walk.
2. Although it is difficult, also try to do fun things that give you positive energy.
3. Don't follow the corona news every day, unfortunately this doesn't make anyone happy.
4. Give your baby some extra attention. Stroke your belly or talk to your baby, because by giving love you make oxytocin and that calms you both down.
5. Talk to your partner, family or friends about your feelings so that they understand you and you know you are not alone. It's just really nice to be able to share this.
Let's also stay positive
But, if we are very honest, there are also positive sides to being pregnant and giving birth during corona. Because everyone has to keep 1,5 meters away and we actually have no physical contact, so no one is touching your belly uninvited.
In addition, you can be very picky about who you want to have a maternity visit. It is now a lot easier to reject people you would rather not have at a maternity visit.
And to mention one more advantage; because you sit at home all day and don't have to leave the house, why would you dress nice while you can also walk around in your house suit.. Do we need to say more?!
It's time to make life easier!
To make your life more pleasant and easier, it is also nice if you have handy things that you can use throughout the baby and toddler period. NanaBeebi was developed by parents for parents with the mission of making parents' lives a lot easier.Take a look at our shop and see what we can do for you can best help.
Would you like to receive more valuable information?Download our free ebook, containing 10 baby items that you must have with you at all times.