It's a strange time. We have been dealing with the coronavirus in the Netherlands for some time now and as current reports lead us to believe, we are far from getting rid of it.
This is very difficult for everyone. There are people who have lost family and/or friends to the coronavirus, but many babies are also being born again.
So many changes..
Not only are these difficult times, but many young parents also find it lonely. No Gender Reveal parties, no Baby Showers or maternity visits in the first week, while being pregnant or giving birth is something beautiful and should be celebrated.
In addition, the childcare will also close, how should you do this if you have more children at home?! Working from home is also happening a lot more this year, but how do you combine this with your children sitting at home?
DIt's really difficult when you also have to teach your children. You are now not only a mother, but also a teacher.
Take care of yourself
That is why it is very important that you as a (future) mom continue to take good care of yourself! It is very easy to get stressed during these times. We have a few tips for you:
1. Make sure you take enough moments to really rest. Watch that nice Christmas movie again or go for a walk.
2. Even though it is difficult, try to do fun things that give you positive energy.
3. Don't follow the corona news every day, unfortunately this does not make anyone happy.
4. Give your baby some extra attention. Stroke your belly or talk to your baby, because by giving love you make oxytocin and that calms you both.
5. Talk to your partner, family or friends about your feelings so that they understand you and you know you are not alone. It's just really nice to be able to share this.
Let's stay positive too
But, if we are very honest, there are also positive sides to being pregnant and giving birth during corona. Because everyone has to keep 1,5 meters away and we actually have no physical contact, so no one is touching your belly unsolicited.
In addition, you can be very picky about who you want to have a maternity visit. It is now a lot easier to reject people that you would rather not have at a maternity visit.
And to mention one more advantage; because you sit at home all day and don't have to leave the house, why would you dress nice while you can also walk around in your house suit.. Do we need to say more?!
It’s time to make life easier!
To make your life more pleasant and easier, it is also nice if you have handy things that you can use throughout the baby and toddler period. NanaBeebi was developed by parents for parents with the mission of making parents' lives a lot easier.Take a look at our shopand see how we can best help you.
Would you like to receive more valuable information?Download our free ebook, with 10 baby items that you must have with you at all times.